Do good for others often!

Do good for others often!
Do good to others often... you never know if your gift changes their life. (Giving > Getting)

Friday, August 5, 2011

From Her



From Her

I peek up over the harsh wooden pew with the cross

Suits, ties, and dresses convey respect.

I feel serious and straighten up.

This event demands reverence.

I slowly turn my head to look at her.

With that lovely dark hair and little child smile.

Her eyes sparkle and she sings Blessed Assurance.

I’m sure she means every word.

My jelly shoes slip off, unnoticed.

No one sees my bare feet because I’m tiny tiny

Peeking out at everyone.

She takes notes and doodles.

Suddenly I feel a little tickle.

She giggles and points to my big toe.

A smiley face stares up at me.

Her take on the cross;

Loving others,

Communing with joy.

The starched suits remain serious on the wooden pew with the cross.

I learned to love Jesus from her, not them.



_________________________________________________________________
In poetry week they asked us to write a poem about an event in our life which conveys a lesson or meaning. We went through a quick list process and the person I most wanted to write a poem to was my mom.

She has been the inspiration in my walk with the Lord & has encouraged my faith in numerous ways. Beautiful, silly, and caring, she conveys the heart of God through her smile and caring!

No comments:

Post a Comment